- 13 readings and resources
- 68 ideas for using songs
- 50 example songs with links
- 11 music-related web 2.0 tools
For this chat on using songs, one of the participants - Vicky Saumell @vickysaumell - has summarised the chat discussion into 4 blog posts (I'll link to each from here as she finishes them):
- Part 1: Background readings and resources related to teaching English through songs
- Part 2: Ideas of tasks for using songs
- Part 3: Specific songs and their uses
- Part 4: Music-related web 2.0 tools
There are two chats each week, both on Wednesdays, GMT time. The first one is at 11pm-midnight and the second at 8-9am Thursday, Australian EDT time. There is a call for suggestions for topics a day before, on Twitter, then a poll runs for a few hours and the top polling topic gets discussed at the first session, the second one in the second session - simple!
As it says on the website #ELTchat is a ready made PLN for ELT professionals!
[ More on PLNs to come - watch this space! ]