Sunday, February 06, 2011

My SEETA guest blogging spot - 13-18 February

The SEETA Community is a collaborative on-line community of twelve Teachers' Associations in SE Europe run by volunteers.

SEETA organised and hosted the mLearning: an Introduction course that I recently blogged about.  From my participation in the course I was invited by Anna Parisi, the SEETA Community Manager, to be a guest blogger. The SEETA blog is a diary of a teacher's working week in the classroom, and Anna thought my teaching situation sounded very challenging and thought many teachers would be interested in my working week.

I was very pleased to have the opportunity to give something back to SEETA for being able to participate in the wonderful mLearning course, so readily agreed.  I explained to Anna that I don't actually teach in the classroom at the moment, and don't have a 'typical' week, but she graciously conceded that my variety of activities in a working week will be of interest, and perhaps even inspiring, to other teachers.

I will be blogging about my teaching with adult migrants via Distance Learning, and working with other teachers in the Adult Migrant English program at Canberra Institute of Technology (CIT). I will also reflect on my role co-ordinating e-learning in CIT Vocational College (my faculty), supporting and training teachers in the use of ICTs in teaching and learning, and working on special projects and planning.  And I'm sure I won't be able to resist the opportunity to talk about my project for this year to implement an online community of practice for teachers to share ideas and resources (the SEETA Online Community has given me more ideas for this).

I plan to start my working week blog on a Sunday, as I teach adult migrant & refugee women to swim on Sundays over summer.  This season I'm also mentoring two women, one from Iran and one from Korea, to become swimming teachers in Australia.  Both are still learning English at CIT.

I will be blogging from next Sunday 13th February, please join me at http://blogging.seeta.eu/category/lesley-cioccarelli/ - comments welcome!




1 comment:

Nicky said...

Sounds great, can't wait to read about what sounds like your really interesting work, Lesley :-)